Canadian Blogger eh
July 12, 2015
I am thankful for spending time with my elderly Mom.
Fixing damaged photographs in Photoshop CS 6 for Mac
This photo is over 70 years old and needs some fixing up.
- Click on the Spot healing brush tool from the side tools
- Change your brush size
- Click on the good part of the picture and drag over blemishes
- Select Edit – Step Back; if you don’t like something you did
- The left side is totally destroyed; however the right side is intact; it’s easy to copy a selection from one side to the other.
- With the Elliptical M arquee tool (press Shift M) until you have your selection. In this picture it’s the right side from the top to the top of the bottom corner.
- Once you are happy with the selection add a new layer (Command J)
- Drag selection to the right side
- Select Edit, Transform, Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical (in this case Flip Horizontal) line up
- Rename your original photo before changes are made
- Use the best quality scanner you have access to, to scan the old photo
Photo Shop is a great tool. This is a minimum fix to touch up this old photograph. So much more to learn about Photo Shop CS6, so little time!